A dozen ways to spend your weekend
How hot is too hot to get out of the house?
If you’ve never spent a Friday evening at Camp North End, I recommend you swing by. The live music and vendors make for a perfect way to kick off the weekend.
Before we bounce to our weekend picks, here are two reminders about ticket giveaways:
- Click over to Livin’ Charlotte for a chance to see Mo’Nique & Friends at Knight Theater on June 30. We’ll pick a winner on Friday.
- Also on Friday, we’ll pick two winners for Canvases & Cocktails, a paint & sip event sponsored by SouthEnd Arts. Members can go here to enter our drawing for a chance to paint with Glenn. Everyone else (members included) can go here.
Finally, QCity Metro wants to shout out Sheila Etheridge-Boddie for becoming a member. Thank you, Sheila, for supporting our work.
Our Weekend Picks
Food and Drink
- B-Sides (Fri): Enjoy a night of curated music and cocktails. Food and drink specials will be available.
- Carnival Brunch (Sun): Enjoy traditional Caribbean food at a laid-back Sunday brunch setting.
- R with Soul Food Tour (Sun): Explore the food and music of the Queen City with this bus tour.
Arts and Culture
- Charlotte Symphony Presents Jurassic Park In Concert (Sat): Experience the soundtrack from the classic film live from Charlotte Symphony
- Local Street 2022 (Thurs-Sun): Check out the second installation of the pop-up exhibition at the Mint Museum, highlighting 60 local Black artists.
- Charlotte’s Black Film Festival (Thurs- Sun): View the work of independent filmmakers.
- “A Sign Of The Times” Straight-Ahead Jazz Concerts (Sun): Head to Arts Factory for an evening of classic, live Jazz.
- Charlotte Caribbean Carnival (Sat): The highlight of the festival will be the Afro-Caribbean Village with vendors, dancers, and exhibits and a street parade.
- Friday’s at Camp North End (Fri): Enjoy live music, good food, small businesses and more.
- Fitness Destination Boot Camp (Sat) Grab your work gym bag and join others in Five Points Plaza for a community workout.
- Camden Commons Block Party (Sun): Soak in some sun as you enjoy food, games, music and more.